Tahini, Honey + Fig cookies
Hot, fresh cookies... who can resist them? Cookies might have to be one of our favourite easy bakes, and we especially love making them with the kids for this reason. These Tahini, Honey + Fig cookies are a level up from your regular chocolate chip cookies. They are sweet, chewy and oh so delicious!
If these Tahini, Honey + Fig cookies aren’t demolished by the whole family in one sitting, then you might even have a few left over for your bento’s during the week… we said might!
⅓ cup honey
⅓ cup tahini
1 cup almond flour
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped dried figs
- Preheat oven to 180° celcius. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or another non-stick alternative (silicone baking sheet etc.)
- Add the honey, tahini, vanilla and egg to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Mix in the baking powder, cinnamon and dried figs.
- Gently stir in the almond and all purpose flour and mix thoroughly until you have a gooey cookie dough mix.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray, it makes 8 medium-large cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy these sticky, chewy cookie treats!
Did you make these Tahini, Honey + Fig cookies? Let us know in the comments below what you thought of them!