Sneaky Greens Kale Pesto
Are you desperate to get some more green leafy veg into your kids but know you have absolutely no chance of getting them to eat broccoli let alone Kale?
Rather than serving them up on a plate get creative and try this kale pesto pasta!
It's a super quick and easy dinner and perfect for lunch the next day.
70 g (1⁄2 cup) pepitas, toasted
1 clove garlic
10 g (1/8 cup) nutritional yeast salt and pepper
50 g (2 cups) baby kale leaves
30 ml (1/8 cup) lemon juice
125 ml (1⁄2 cup) olive oil
1 packet (500 g) pasta, cooked as per packet instructions
500 g chicken breast/thigh, cooked and cut into small chunks
1. Add the pepitas and garlic to a high-speed food processor and blitz until the
pepitas are ground up.
2. Add the nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper, and blitz again.
3. Add the kale and lemon juice.
4. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil, and process until combined.
5. Season to taste.
6. Stir desired quantity of pesto through cooked pasta, ensuring it is evenly
7. Add chicken chunks and mix to combine.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Store remaining pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.