Mild Peri-Peri Chicken
This Mild Peri-Peri Chicken is easy to whip up and is a great family friendly dinner. It's full of flavour and oh so delicious! You can easily add more spice for adult or leave as is for young kids who don't like spice.
1 chicken breast
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mild peri-peri spice mix
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp salt
1 cup of rice
3 tbsp of mayo
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix the peri peri spices together in a small bowl
- Using a sharp knife, make a few slices in the chicken breast. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle on 2-3 tbsp of the peri peri mix. Place the chicken in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice in a pan until light and fluffy. Once cooked, remove from the pan and place in a frying pan with a splash of oil. Add 1-2 tbsp of your peri peri spice mix to the rice and toss until well coated.
- Slice the chicken breast and serve the rice with the sliced chicken on top.
- In a small bowl mix 3 tbsp of mayonnaise with a little 1 tbsp of the peri-peri spice mix, thin with a splash of water to create a sauce consistency and drizzle over your chicken and rice
Did you make this Mild Peri-Peri Chicken? Let us know in the comments below what you think of them!