Christmas is coming, and we wanted to share some of our favourite festive Christmas recipes with you! These Candy Cane Brownies are easy to make, fun to decorate and make for a deliciously decadent treat.
Be warned, these brownies are extremely moreish - it may prove hard to have just one! This is a fantastic recipe to get your kiddos involved in the kitchen, they are sure to love crushing up some candy canes and getting creative with decorating!
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 large candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a baking tin with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugars and gently whisk together.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir
- Next, add the eggs one at a time, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Mix again until well combined and then add the chocolate chips
- Pour the brownie batter in the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake brownies for approximately 30-35 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle.
- Leave in the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool. You can even pop them in the fridge to allow them to cool faster and to make cutting easier!
- Once cool, slice your brownies (we love strips to fit perfectly into the bento!)
- Add a row of squiggly icing and top with crushed candy cane pieces
- Pop these brownies into a bento for a sweet holiday treat or share them at your Christmas party to add some festive flair!
Options - you can use GF flour for GF version of this recipe, you can also use a dairy free spread to ensure these cookies are dairy free too!
Did you make these delicious Candy Cane Brownies? We'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below!